Re: running on a MacBook

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: running on a MacBook
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 08:15:17 +0200

Le 27 mai 2023 à 01:10, William Rehwinkel via LilyPond user discussion <lilypond-user@gnu.org> a écrit :

 Hello Donna,

macOS user here, what I do is download and unpack https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/releases/v2.24.1/downloads/lilypond-2.24.1-darwin-x86_64.tar.gz into my home directory at for example ~/lilypond-2.24.1/ , then symlink that directory to ~/lilypond/ , and add

export PATH="/Users/<USER>/lilypond/bin:$PATH"

to the final line of ~/.profile

This is useful if you want to use LilyPond from the command line. For most users though, Frescobaldi is more convenient. I'm not speaking against what you're doing, just pointing out that for a new user, I would recommend what is shown in the tutorial.