Re: Multiline copyright line

From: Samuel Sloniker
Subject: Re: Multiline copyright line
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2023 12:57:29 -0400

On Tuesday, March 21, 2023 08:49 PDT, Abraham Lee <tisimst.lilypond@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hey, Jeff!
>
> On Tue, Mar 21, 2023 at 9:32 AM Jeff Kopmanis <kopmanis@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > So IS there a way to get multiple lines (easily) in the copyright line?
> > Seems we're on the cusp of a solution.
> >
> > On Tue, Mar 21, 2023 at 4:13 AM Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr>
> > wrote:

> >> Use
> >>

> >> copyright = \markup { ... }
> >>

> >> to construct a multi-line entry.
> >>
> >> That doesn't work since \markup { ... } is equivalent to \markup \line {
> >> ... }.
> >>
> > Yes, here's an example what I used recently (with placeholders shown):
>
> copyright = \markup {
>   \override #'(baseline-skip . 2)
>   \center-column {
>     "Copyright 2023 by John Doe"
>     "Making copies for non-commercial use is permitted"
>     "www.johndoemusic.com"
>   }
> }
>
> Modifying the property baseline-skip isn't strictly necessary, but the
> value of 2 spaced the lines a bit better in my case. There are also other
> options than center-column for the horizontal alignment of each line,
> though I presume this is what you will use. Note that each line should be a
> single string, as I've shown, or placed within curly braces if you need to
> do markup functions within each line.
>
> Hope that helps,
> Abraham

Thank you! I have this now, and it works perfectly.

\version "2.22.1"

\header {
  title = "Our Lord and Risen Savior"
  composer = "Samuel L. Sloniker"
  poet = "Samuel L. Sloniker"
  copyright = \markup {
    \center-column {
      "Copyright © 2023 Samuel Sloniker."
      "This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike
4.0 International License."
      "To view a copy of this license, visit
https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/.";

\new GrandStaff <<
  \new Staff {
    \relative c' {
      \time 4/4
      <d, f>4 <e g> <g b>2
      <g b>8 <f a>2..
  \addlyrics {
    Je -- sus Christ, | our Lord and ris -- | en Sa -- vior; | Son of Man, |
yet al -- so | Son of God; | Ful -- ly God | and ful -- ly man; | Je -- sus
Christ, | re -- deem -- er of | the world.
  }

\layout {
  \context {
    \Score