Re: Multiline copyright line

From: Abraham Lee
Subject: Re: Multiline copyright line
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2023 09:49:13 -0600

Hey, Jeff!

On Tue, Mar 21, 2023 at 9:32 AM Jeff Kopmanis <kopmanis@gmail.com> wrote:
So IS there a way to get multiple lines (easily) in the copyright line?  Seems we're on the cusp of a solution.

On Tue, Mar 21, 2023 at 4:13 AM Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> wrote:

Le mardi 21 mars 2023 à 05:03 +0000, Werner LEMBERG a écrit :

> Is there a way to have a multiline copyright statement in a file?

Use

copyright = \markup { ... }

to construct a multi-line entry.

That doesn't work since \markup { ... } is equivalent to \markup \line { ... }.

Yes, here's an example what I used recently (with placeholders shown):

copyright = \markup {
  \override #'(baseline-skip . 2)
  \center-column {
    "Copyright 2023 by John Doe"
    "Making copies for non-commercial use is permitted"
    "www.johndoemusic.com"

Modifying the property baseline-skip isn't strictly necessary, but the value of 2 spaced the lines a bit better in my case. There are also other options than center-column for the horizontal alignment of each line, though I presume this is what you will use. Note that each line should be a single string, as I've shown, or placed within curly braces if you need to do markup functions within each line.

Hope that helps,
Abraham