removing time signatures engravers locally

From: Paul Scott
Subject: removing time signatures engravers locally
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2023 10:17:03 -0700

2.25.2:

I understand polymetric notation (NR 1,2,3).  I have a piece which has a polymetric section in the middle where the rest of the piece is not polymetric.  Some parts have the same time signature for the whole piece.

At the point where the polymetric section begins and ends I want to remove the time signature from the parts whose time signature doesn't change.

TIA for any help with this including Lilypond manual references if relevant.

Paul