Re: Message size limit

From: William Rehwinkel
Subject: Re: Message size limit
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2023 21:12:20 +0000

The difference between plain and rich text emails is not related to the question of size limits, as even the most rich HTML email still has negligible size compared to emails with attachments. As for whether embedded attachments should get included in replies, in my opinion they should not, for the purpose of minimizing the amount of storage space used. However, as long as the maximum email size is reasonably small it shouldn't be that big of a deal if a reply including attachments goes through.

I like the idea of the email size limit, and IMO a smaller limit would also be fine, perhaps 128KB.

-William