Re: slash-only chords

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: slash-only chords
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2022 13:19:11 +0100

Am So., 2. Jan. 2022 um 09:06 Uhr schrieb Flaming Hakama by Elaine
<elaine@flaminghakama.com>:

> On Fri, Dec 31, 2021 at 8:07 AM Thomas Morley <thomasmorley65@gmail.com>
> wrote:

>> How about:
[...]

> Yes, thanks, this works well if the initial chord is a minor chord.
>
> What would it take to have it work when the initial chord has a 7th?
>
> For other chord types, it seems to hide the root, but print the rest of the
> chord symbol.

Thanks spotting this, it means the whole approach changing
chordRootNamer is insufficient.

> Perhaps, in this block it would be possible to set additional properties
> related to other parts of the chord symbol to ""?

Regrettable: no.

> I wasn't able to guess what those might be.
> Are they listed somewhere?

Well, all context-properties are listed in IR.
You can observe the default settings their as well (alphabetical
listed, see context Score)
In /ly/engraver-init.ly they are thematical ordered.
But none of them will help here, afaict.

Instead please try the attached file - recreating the chords text, if
conditions are matched.

Cheers,
  Harm