Re: top/bottom margins?

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: top/bottom margins?
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2021 22:34:59 +0000

On 12/29/21, 3:25 PM, "jh" <info@soundand.com> wrote:

    very curious.  So your example printed better than mine the footnote is
    very close to the edge and the top is very far down.
    So I opened librewriter cut the margins to .5 and filled the top and two
    lines of text at the bottom and there is no loss at the bottom and no
    extra space at the top.
    So this is a problem that is connected to the program more than the
    printer.  The github links didn't inform me much as I am not that kind
    of tech person (as if you couldn't tell) and I have never used github
    and don't have an account.

    I think I'm asking "is there a way to manually set the margins in
    lilypond?"

I think the issue is a Frescobaldi issue, not a LilyPond issue, as the links
Federico shared point out.

Instead of printing from Frescobaldi, try opening up the saved pdf file that is
created by LilyPond and stored by Frescobaldi in the working directory.  Open
the pdf in some pdf viewer (evince is a Free pdf viewer) and try printing from
the viewer.  See if you still have the problem.

HTH,

Carl