Re: Advice for vocal score

From: Wol
Subject: Re: Advice for vocal score
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2021 19:02:26 +0000

On 28/11/2021 18:56, Shane Brandes wrote:
Hi all,

I am finishing up a larger scale work for chorus and orchestra. I started making a vocal score with piano reduction. The instruction manual A.5.2. details well enough how to make a reduction of the choral parts, but how can one drag in the bits from the orchestra parts that lay between chorus entrances in such a  way that one only needs to maintain the parts themselves without making duplicate editing if changes are made?

iirc it's called tags. You want to tag the orchestral part where the vocal part goes silent or re-starts.

Then you can declare that tag in in the choral part and either only print the orchestral part where it's tagged, or only print it where it's untagged, I think which way round will be dictated by whatever makes the orchestral part print easily.

Cheers,
Wol