Re: Fwd: Fwd: Help

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Fwd: Fwd: Help
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2021 18:00:12 +0100

Le 27/11/2021 à 17:01, Leonid Hrabovsky a écrit :
Hello Jean,

I am lost - I cannot get what was wrong with my explanations to you that you didn't understand the details. In the PDF I attached to my last letter, there are two lines of equal height, and I need the third line of the same height - the wavy one similar to the squiggle line, only of increased size. So please instruct me if I can obtain my third line by tweaking the digits in squiggle line code, or otherwise - if there is a better way to construct such a line.

Aah, so your question is not how to create the squiggle
line as I thought, only how to increase its size. Note
that the documentation of \draw-squiggle-line gives an
example where the size is increased. However, if you're
doing this often, a dedicated command for horizontal
squiggle lines with defaults that you prefer might be more
convenient. Here you go:

\version "2.20.0"

\markup
  \override #'(thickness . 0.2)
  \override #'(arch-length . 10)
  \override #'(arch-height . 3)
  \override #'(angularity . 0.8)
  \draw-horizontal-arches #20

#(define-markup-command (horizontal-squiggle-line layout props len) (number?)
   #:properties (
                 ;; Adjust default values here:
                 (squiggle-length 2.5)
                 (height 1.3)
                 draw-squiggle-line-markup)
   (interpret-markup
    layout
    `(((squiggle-length . ,squiggle-length)
       (height . ,height))
      . ,props)
    (make-draw-squiggle-line-markup
     squiggle-length
     (cons len 0)
     #f)))

% Example with default values. Adjust them to your liking
% in the definition of the command above.
\markup \horizontal-squiggle-line #40

% Example with custom height and squiggle length..
\markup
  \override #'(height . 5)
  \override #'(squiggle-length . 2)
  \horizontal-squiggle-line #40