Re: Embedding images into a score created with -dbackend=svg

From: Valentin Petzel
Subject: Re: Embedding images into a score created with -dbackend=svg
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2021 17:07:00 +0100

Hello Paolo, Hello Knute,

\epsfile works by basically directly using the ps-code in the eps file. So it
is expected that this does not work with the svg backend (generally the svg
backend cannot simply embed arbitrary ps code).

The proper solution would probably to add a function like \embed-image which
makes use of the SVG <image> tag. But that one only specifies jpeg, png and
svg. This means that for any other format it is the choice of the viewing
software if they want to support it. So including an eps this way as eps file
won’t really by an option. But you could use pdftocairo from poppler utils to
convert a pdf (which you can create from eps) to svg.

Cheers,
Valentin