Re: quoted tuplet bracket within staff

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: quoted tuplet bracket within staff
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2021 15:29:07 +0000 (UTC)

>>    \override CueVoice.TupletBracket.direction = #DOWN
>>    \override CueVoice.TupletBracket.edge-height = #'(-0.7 . -0.7)
>>    \override CueVoice.TupletBracket.extra-offset = #'(0 . 4.75)
>>    \override CueVoice.TupletNumber.extra-offset = #'(0 . 4.75)
>
> Hold the heavy machinery :-). You can just set the positions directly:
>
>     \override CueVoice.TupletBracket.positions = #'(-2 . -1)
>     \override CueVoice.TupletBracket.direction = #UP

Nice, thanks.

> For a general solution, one could probably write a callback for the
> positions property. How difficult this is probably depends on the
> use case: Werner, how similar are the instances in your score?  Can
> we assume a monotonous sequence of pitches? May we assume that the
> bracket should always be above?

I need this to make the staves use less vertical space so that more
staves can be added to a part page.  This means that a solution with
`extra-offset` is not helpful.  Additionally, walking over all
triplets is tedious; there are a lot of them...

However, Kieren's approach is nice: It takes the slant of the beam and
simply shifts it up.  In general I think this is what I want: Use the
original slant and shift the bracket up until it no longer collides
with the note heads (plus some padding).

    Werner