Re: opus migration

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: opus migration
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2021 13:26:48 -0600

On Tue 09 Nov 2021 at 10:41:22 (-0800), Mark Stephen Mrotek wrote:
> A piano piece I am engraving has several sections. Each has different
> meters, keys, and number of voices. Each is coded in a separate score for
> ease of future editing.
>
> The entire piece is structured
>
> \header {
> title = "title"
> composer = "composer"
> opus = "opus"
> }
>
> \include "section1.ly"
> \include "section2.ly"
> \include "section3[.]ly"
> \include "section4.ly"            Yes the quote marks [were] not the correct
> style here.
>
> When compiled the opus appears before each section.
>
> Reading
>
> https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.22/Documentation/notation/creating-titles-headers-and-footers
>
> "Note, though, that only piece and opus fields are printed by default in
> Score Titles unless the \paper variable, print-all-headers, is set to #t."
>
> Would someone please provide a functioning explanation has to how this apply
> this to my current piece?

Tricky. You've given the header and nothing else: the /file/ structure
(ie includes) has nothing to do with the musical structure seen by LP.
We need to know which headers you want to see at the start of each
section (≡ score, presumably).

I would write a mickey mouse file containing nothing but structure,
like the attached, in order to work out what's right for you.

Cheers,
David.