Re: Manipulating instrument names and staff group names

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Manipulating instrument names and staff group names
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2021 16:41:20 -0400

Hi Harm,

> attached code hacks Instrument.Y-offset.
> This is a proof of concept, please test thoroughly before using it in serious
> work.

Nice! This definitely solves the basic problem nicely.

Lukas sent me [off-list] a totally different solution that was also excellent.

Maybe we can/should discuss the pros and cons of each approach — and others, if
they’re offered — with an eye to eventually submitting a patch…?

Cheers,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer (he/him/his)
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info