Re: Sending around contexts

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Sending around contexts
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2021 14:00:46 -0400

Hi Valentin,

> 1) The user interface to this method is maybe not optimal. After all, this is
> not a ready developed solution, but a quick test implementation. We do not
> want to change the user interface if possible, as that breaks working scores.
> So before pushing such a thing to master we should be convinced that the user
> interface is good.
> 2) The specific implementation should behave well in a way you can expect
> that
> it won’t break working scores. E.g. my tag-based solution might cause
> problems
> if some score were to use the same tags (thus one would need to make sure
> that
> the tags are specific enough that they wouldn’t get used accidentally for
> something else.

Oh, of course… I just meant “Does anyone immediately see any obvious reason why
this line of development shouldn’t be pursued to its [il]logical conclusion,
with an eye to getting it into the codebase once it’s ready for prime time?”

> you can clone the repo and add the changes. From there the discussion can be
> continued.

I’ll clone the repo and get things set up for moving forward.
That being said, I think I’ll wait just a few days more for thoughts/discussion
to gel on-list before diving into real coding.

Thanks!
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer (he/him/his)
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info