Re: Repeated Meaures

From: Greg Lindstrom
Subject: Re: Repeated Meaures
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2021 16:45:52 -0500

Wow! This works GREAT!  Thank-you!
--greg

On Tue, Oct 26, 2021 at 3:35 PM Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> wrote:
Le 26/10/2021 à 21:47, Greg Lindstrom a écrit :
> This is not a high priority request. I'm just wondering if the
> following can be done.
>
> I'm writing out a bass part with lots of repeated measures. I'm using
> \repeat percent X{measure}, where "X" is the number of times I want
> the measure to repeat. Works great!
>
> Can I:
>
> 1. Place the count above each measure? If you repeat 6, 8, 12 times it
> can be maddening!

Yes. Although the documentation was only added
in version 2.23.3, the feature itself is much
older. Have a look at
https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.23/Documentation/notation/bars#measure-counts

> Place notations along the way? For example, I may want 2 strong
> measures and then 2 measures which decrescendo into the next passage.
> Even if I split this into 2 parts, \repeat percent 2 {uhm-pah} \repeat
> percent 2{uhm-pah}, there's no way I can see to place a decrescendo at
> the start of the second grouping.

Put the dynamics along with the repeat in a
simultaneous music construct << >>. Overall,
the passage might look like this:

\version "2.22.1"

\new Staff \with {
   \consists Measure_counter_engraver
}
<<
   \repeat percent 8 { f'4 r c' r }
   { \startMeasureCount s1*2\< s\> s\< s\> <>\! }

Best,
Jean