Repeated Meaures

From: Greg Lindstrom
Subject: Repeated Meaures
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2021 14:47:43 -0500

This is not a high priority request. I'm just wondering if the following can be done.

I'm writing out a bass part with lots of repeated measures. I'm using \repeat percent X{measure}, where "X" is the number of times I want the measure to repeat. Works great!

Can I:
  1. Place the count above each measure? If you repeat 6, 8, 12 times it can be maddening!
  2. Place notations along the way? For example, I may want 2 strong measures and then 2 measures which decrescendo into the next passage. Even if I split this into 2 parts, \repeat percent 2 {uhm-pah} \repeat percent 2{uhm-pah}, there's no way I can see to place a decrescendo at the start of the second grouping.
Currently, I write all the measures out and notate the count:

f4 r c r|f4 r^"(2)" c r|f4\> r^"(3)" c r|f4 r^"(4)" c\! r|

Which works well. I can place dynamics or other notations as I please.

Thanks for any tips or help you can provide. Again, I have a good workaround so please don't spend a lot of time on this unless you just really love the challenge.

--greg