Re: NoteColumn without parents?

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: NoteColumn without parents?
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2021 16:10:29 +0200

Am Do., 21. Okt. 2021 um 22:13 Uhr schrieb Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr>:

> Le 19/10/2021 à 23:13, Thomas Morley a écrit :
> > Hi Jean,
> >
> > thanks for your insights.
> >
> > Currently I try a complex coding, messing with Glissando, Beam,
> > NoteHead just looking for Grob.property combinations to find something
> > which gives me acces to all needed data but early enough to not loose
> > the ability to manipulate this data.
> >
> > Basically I aim to continue at
> > https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2021-04/msg00036.html
> >
> > NoteColumn.glissando-skip was one thing I tried out, obviously the best one.
> > In the light of your explanations it works too early.
>

> I don't have the time to tinker with this code at the moment.
> One possible trick that comes to mind is setting cross-staff
> to #t on your glissando stems in before-line-breaking, only to
> reinstate '() in after-line-breaking. I think (no guarantee) that
> this should be enough to spare you all the fuss with Stem pure
> properties while preserving these stems' and their beams'
> presence in the unpure skylines used for line spacing.
>
> Best,
> Jean

Hi Jean,

setting Stem.cross-staff #t and reverting lateron did the trick to
solve the issue with misplaced Script etc.
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2021-10/msg00308.html
Though, it would have never come to my mind and I don't know about the
consequences ...

Now, I'm on the way to research, if the whole thingy can be made to
work with cross-staff Glissando...

Many thanks,
  Harm