Does anybody do MIDI splitting?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Does anybody do MIDI splitting?
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 16:13:56 +0200

Hi,

currently entering drum scores for the ensemble I am playing in (getting
a note-savvy living drummer for regular practice is comparatively
challenging) and I frequently have the situation that there are large
pauses in drum play.  At that point in time, I need to cut the MIDI
file, take everything up to the last note before the pause into one file
and start the next file on beat 1 (sometimes 3) leading to the next note
(interestingly, if the next note is on beat 2 or 4 or similar, you still
need to start on 1 or 3 since otherwise the "drummer" fails to convey
right away the tempo they as opposed to everyone else is aiming for).

It's cumbersome writing separate variables and scores manually; it would
be nicer to just drop the cutting points in the middle of the score
(like in the separate time track) and then some automated thing would
slice the score into separate scores for MIDI.

Has anybody done anything like that already?

--
David Kastrup