Re: Can't figure out breaks in ensemble scores

From: Carlos Martinez
Subject: Re: Can't figure out breaks in ensemble scores
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2021 23:53:10 -0500

Thank you! That work! Although I am still having one part that need to figure out one space…. But the score looks great now! Thanks!

On Oct 1, 2021, at 21:12, Ralph Palmer <palmer.r.violin@gmail.com> wrote:

Greetings, Carlos Martinez -

On Fri, Oct 1, 2021 at 4:08 PM Carlos Martinez <carlos@newsoundmusicstudio.com> wrote:
Hi,

I am not able to figure out how to manage the breaks in the score generated by different files.

I have setup the different files or parts example: Violin I, II Cello and Viola..

The score appears when I use \include. But the way it lays it out it goes like this

Layout of the score….
2 measures
3 measures
1 long measure
4 measures

I would like to manage where the breaks are…

Help…

It's very helpful to supply a minimal working example (MWE) that shows the problem you want solved.

Without seeing an MWE, I do have a question or two. Do you have explicit breaks in the included (i.e., parts) files? If so, the combined score will, I believe, put a break in the score wherever there is a break in an included file. When I have done multiple part transcriptions, I have waited until I combined the parts, saw where LilyPond put the breaks (or where I thought I would want the breaks), then put \break at those points in the topmost part. If you want different break points for the individual parts, you may have to do some finagling - like set up separate \include files (without breaks) for the parts to go into the full score. You may also be able to use "tags", but that's beyond my ability.

Hope this helps,

Ralph

--
Ralph Palmer