Re: Slur positioning and forceful flat signs

From: Jean-Julien Fleck
Subject: Re: Slur positioning and forceful flat signs
Date: Sun, 30 May 2021 11:40:25 +0200

Hello Dmitry,

Le dim. 30 mai 2021 à 11:31, Ivanov Dmitry <usr345@gmail.com> a écrit :

1. Is it possible to move the slur above the stuff as it overlaps with crescendo and diminuendo marks?

Just indicate the orientation with a ^ for above and _ for below:

4\< c4^( d4 |

2. C minor key has 3 flat notes, whose marks are not printed by default. Is it possible to forcefully print the flat or sharp sign for some notes (I added it in red)? As the piece is hard for me and it will help to decrease the cognitive stress.

Add a ! for printing it or a ? for making it in parenthesis

g2 aes!4\! |

or

g2 aes?4\! |

Which gives

\score {
  \new PianoStaff \with { instrumentName = "Piano" }
  <<
    \new Staff = "upper" \relative c' {
      \clef violin
      \key c \minor