TextSpanner to end of bar / end of piece

From: Lukas-Fabian Moser
Subject: TextSpanner to end of bar / end of piece
Date: Mon, 24 May 2021 15:15:54 +0200

Folks,

two questions about the behaviour of textSpanners:

First question:

If a TextSpanner ends at the beginning at a bar which happens to be a line break, then

- with TextSpanner.to-barline = ##f, I get the left-broken.text and the right.text immediately after one another at the beginning of the second system,

- with TextSpanner.to-barline = ##t, I get no artifacts in the next line, but right.text is missing in the first system.

What I want: The text spanner should end at the last barline of the first system, but right.text should be printed.

Second question: Is it possible to let a TextSpanner end precisely at the end of a piece (last barline) with right.text being printed?

I can approximate the desired behaviour in both cases by letting the TextSpanner end a very short amount of time before the actual end of the bar, but that feels conceptually wrong and also does not yield the correct position of "R".

Lukas