Re: Rest, skip, or silent notes?

From: Lukas-Fabian Moser
Subject: Re: Rest, skip, or silent notes?
Date: Sun, 23 May 2021 15:33:09 +0200

Hi Bernhard,

Am 23.05.21 um 10:40 schrieb Bernhard Kleine:
I have another problem with the score I presented lately:

There is a different start for stanza 2 as shown in the attachment. I
donot know how to code this. The MWE is attached, too.

Actually, that is not a MWE (_minimal_ working example): There's lots of variables and notes and complicated structure unrelated to the problem. Hence, it was easier for me to just create a new one. Try:

\version "2.21.1"
\language "deutsch"

<<
  \new Staff \with { \clef bass }
  <<
    \new Voice = bassMain \relative {
      \time 3/4
      fis( h,) e
      r a a,8 r
      r4 a' a,8 r
    }
    \new NullVoice = bassAlternative {
      s2.
      s4 4( 8) r
      s4 4( 8) r
    }

  \new Lyrics \lyricsto bassMain {
    \set stanza = "1."
    Mä -- del gib acht! gib acht!
  }
  \new Lyrics \lyricsto bassAlternative {
    \set stanza = "2."
    m __ m __
  }
  \new Lyrics \lyricsto bassAlternative {
    \set stanza = "3."
    hm __ hm __
  }

If you want to have the dotted slurs, that's possible as well, but one has to make sure that they do not influence the syllable distribution for the first verse. For this, there are several possibilites - for example, one using melismaBusyProperties and one using ignoreMelismata. Holler if you need help with those! (And there's also the dirty solution of using phrasing slurs \( \) as a replacement for actual slurs, but I guess this solution would be frowned upon.)

Lukas