Background Colour

From: Wim van Dommelen
Subject: Background Colour
Date: Tue, 18 May 2021 14:07:46 +0200

Seeing the discussion on coloured lyrics, colour this and that, I realized that for some parts I do change the Background Colour of the clefs maually (using a standard ofice yellow marking (grease) pencil each time after an update print. The purpose is to have a fast recognition point for the eyes to jump to the next line and/or page.

Something like this:

(.PNG-file example attached)

Is there also a possibility to automatically colour the background in Lilypond, or is there a feature wishlist to which I could add this. A variant marking a complete voice in another background colour or only the clef(s) would probably also do.

Regards,
Wim van Dommelen.