Basic functions

From: Jenifer Tribe
Subject: Basic functions
Date: Sat, 15 May 2021 17:49:39 +0000

I want to include a change of midi tempo at various points in a score, using something like
  \setSpeed #2 #120

where
setSpeed =
  #(define-music-function
      (parser location scale speed)
      (number? number? )
    #{
       \set Score.tempoHideNote = ##t
       \tempo scale = speed
    #}
  )

I'm still using 2.18 I'm afraid, which still used the parser and location parameters..
I'm assuming this should be a music function rather than markup, but perhaps my arguments aren't numbers.
In this case the function is hardly worth it, but I want to base more complicated routines on it, and have failed at the first hurdle!

Jonathan