Re: Piano: partial pedalling

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: Piano: partial pedalling
Date: Mon, 10 May 2021 12:57:22 -0700

On 2021-05-10 11:38 am, Dijkhuizen, J.F. van wrote:
Dear All,

I was wondering if anybody knows if it's possible to notate partial
sustain pedalling in LilyPond (essentially 1/4. half-pedal, 3/4
pedal), and if so how.

There seems to be nothing about it in the manual, and I've not been
able to find anything online that I am able to use. Ideally, I'd like
to be able to notate pedal level changes by means of a line, as is
possible in Dorico, for example:

However, just being able to specify '1/2' at the beginning of a pedal
line, and, for example, 'release pedal slowly' at tthe end of a pedal
line, would be great too.

 Any help with this would be really appreciated!

There are a few ad hoc solutions if you search the archives. You can see if my hack [1] to the PianoPedalBracket stencil a few years ago would be of any use.

[1]: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2019-01/msg00522.html

-- Aaron Hill