Piano: partial pedalling

From: Dijkhuizen, J.F. van
Subject: Piano: partial pedalling
Date: Mon, 10 May 2021 18:38:54 +0000

Dear All,

I was wondering if anybody knows if it's possible to notate partial sustain pedalling in LilyPond (essentially 1/4. half-pedal, 3/4 pedal), and if so how.

There seems to be nothing about it in the manual, and I've not been able to find anything online that I am able to use. Ideally, I'd like to be able to notate pedal level changes by means of a line, as is possible in Dorico, for example:

However, just being able to specify '1/2' at the beginning of a pedal line, and, for example, 'release pedal slowly' at tthe end of a pedal line, would be great too.

Any help with this would be really appreciated!

Thanks,

Jan