Re: Microtonal midi output

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Microtonal midi output
Date: Sat, 8 May 2021 16:29:16 -0400

Hi there,

> Thanks for the reply. For example, I would like to play A minor scale with
> normal A(440Hz). But I would like the interval A, B to be 203 cents instead
> of 200. Or I would like the interval A, C to be 315 cents instead of 300
> cents.

Sounds to me like you’ll either want to post-process that in your sequencer, or
possibly apply some sort of script during the Lilypond-to-MIDI stage that
adjusts the pitch value appropriately.

I’d personally go with the first option: in most sequencers, you can simply
program a virtual instrument to be tuned how you want it!

Hope that helps,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer (he/him/his)
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info