Re: Unwanted double repeat opening bar

From: Jogchum Reitsma
Subject: Re: Unwanted double repeat opening bar
Date: Fri, 7 May 2021 11:58:00 +0200

Op 07-05-2021 om 05:48 schreef David Wright:
On Fri 07 May 2021 at 01:30:20 (+0200), Jogchum Reitsma wrote:
I want to set a piece which ends with a repeat, with two alternative
endings.

Should be simple, I´ve done it a number of times before.
… either because there were no lyrics, or the lyrics were all aligned
with the starts of measures, probably.
It´s indeed the second option: in those cases the lyrics were all aligned  with the starts of measures
  Otherwise the repeat barlines
"slide" along to where the next lyric starts.
While your solution presented below works fine, still, isn´t it a bit odd that Lilypond creates two opening repeat bars in such cases?
I can´t think of a use case where that would be desirable.

But now:

- when I set only the music, everything is ok,
- the moment I place the lyrics underneath, with the repeated section,
I get a double opening repeat bar, of which the first one is correct,
the second is not.
- the ending, with the two alternatives, renders fine.
The choice is to:

. set the lyric syllables just as they should lie under the part,
   ignoring the repeats in the music. You can then use \addlyrics,
   or any of the other lyrics commands, to add them into the
   score's structure.
Which means leaving out the \repeat command from the lyrics, of course leaving out the \alternative too.
This works fine here, thanks a lot.

I admit that I often find it difficult to find my way in the Lilypond documentation - any case, I didn´t find the problem, nor your solution.

<snip>
Cheers,
David.

Again, thanks a lot!