Unwanted double repeat opening bar

From: Jogchum Reitsma
Subject: Unwanted double repeat opening bar
Date: Fri, 7 May 2021 01:30:20 +0200

Hi,

I want to set a piece which ends with a repeat, with two alternative endings.

Should be simple, I´ve done it a number of times before.

But now:

- when I set only the music, everything is ok,
- the moment I place the lyrics underneath, with the repeated section, I get a double opening repeat bar, of which the first one is correct, the second is not.
- the ending, with the two alternatives, renders fine.

I´ve added a screenshot of the problem, which is the result of by the following snippets:

R1
\repeat volta2
  {  r2 bes~
     bes bes
     b1
     d~
     d2 g,~
     g f~
     f es
     f2. f4
     es1
     R1*2
     r2
     c4 bes a g
     fis g
     a2~
     a g~
     g \melisma fis \melismaEnd
     g1
     R1
     r2 g
     g'4 f es c
     b2 c
     d4. d8 g, 4 g
     g'f es g
     f2 bes,
     a2. a4
     g2 bes~
     bes a
     g es'
     d2. d4
  }
\alternative
  {  { c1 }
     { c1 \fermata \bar "|."}

\repeat volta2
   { Rest in soft peace, __ sweet youth, and there re -- main
     'till soul and bo -- dy meet to join a -- gain,
     'till soul and bo -- dy meet to join a -- gain,
     'till soul and bo -- dy meet to join a -- gain,
     meet to join, to join a  --
   }
\alternative { { gain, }
               { gain. }