Re: min size svg, how to

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: min size svg, how to
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2021 08:38:14 -0600

On Fri 26 Feb 2021 at 03:03:26 (-0300), David Pirotte wrote:

> > 1-  crop
>
> > I am trying to produce 'min sized' svg images, but I fail. As an
> > example:
> > which I compile using this command:
> >     lilypond -dcrop --svg test-2.ly
>
> I am sorry for the 'noise', I actually missed that lilypond creates a
> test-2-cropped.svg, so everything is fine wrt 1-
>
> > 2-  [crop/staff] margins?
>
> Now that it works perfectly, is it possible to adjust I(to add) top,
> left, bottom, right (staff) margins?

You could post-process the file with Inkscape. You might need two
passes, one to query the size of the drawn area (--query-x, --query-y,
--query-width, --query-height), and after manipulating the returned
values, another pass to export the correct area (-a).

I'm assuming you want this done automatically, rather than cropping
your oversized version of the output manually in Inkscape or whatever.

Cheers,
David.