Idea: Use tags for unfolded repeats

From: Valentin Petzel
Subject: Idea: Use tags for unfolded repeats
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2021 11:52:40 +0100

Hello!

Sometimes you get a repeated section where only some repeats are somehow
annotated – let’s say a dynamic marking, some sort of markup or whatever. So I
suggest: \repeat unfold should take tags like let’s say #_repeat_1,
#_repeat_2, ... (maybe with an option for some sort of ”namespace“ for nested
repeats), and repeat unfold should remove unwanted entries.

Or another option (which would be more stable I guess): Any grob could have a
property like at-repeats, which is a list of frames that default to #t (any
repeat), and can be overridden to be a (optimally sorted) list of numbers.
Now repeat unfold could simply add a new frame at-repeats = (cons #t old-at-
repeats). Then when unfolding the repeated music, for each repeat it is
checked if (car at-repeats) is #t or if it contains the repeat-number. If so,
the music is returned with at-repeats = (cdr at-repeats).

Cheers,
Valentin