Re: Braces with TabStaff

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Braces with TabStaff
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2021 23:20:09 +0100

Carl Sorensen <c_sorensen@byu.edu> writes:

> I guess if we are consistent and say any kind of staff can be included
> in a ChoirStaff, so that a ChoirStaff is just a StaffGroup with a
> particular kind of start bracket, then my concern is minimized.

In a similar vein, PianoStaff became equal to GrandStaff (?) over time
just with Keep_alive_together_engraver as the sole difference.  The
problem with stuffing more semantical differences in (and in particular,
different scopes of support) is that the question "what is the
difference between ..."  begets a lot of handwaving and then people
start picking contexts because of side effects rather than principal
differences or the purpose matching their name.

--
David Kastrup