Injecting Blank Space into Score with Edition-Engraver

From: Jesse Wiener
Subject: Injecting Blank Space into Score with Edition-Engraver
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2021 13:23:58 -0500

Hey all,

I'm engraving a large orchestral score and it's working very well with 4 bars per page. For structural reasons, I'd like to have a page with 2 bars but I don't want them to stretch across - the bars are just too wide. I know that I can create 2 invisible bars but I think there's a better way with Edition-Engraver.

The trouble is, I have no idea how to do it. I've got EE running and I'm using it to separate presentation from content, which has been wonderful with time sig changes, tempi, etc. I love the way it works.

But one of our community gurus suggested to me on Facebook that injecting some space into the score to make the 2 existing bars narrower would be possible with edition-engraver and I just can't figure it out!

Can anyone offer an assist?

I appreciate your time, guys.

Best,
Jesse