Re: Custom music notation?

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Custom music notation?
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2021 12:12:23 -0500

Hi Pashkuli,

> If you do not want to know, there is no reason to know about my Plain Music
> Notation system.

Except if my reason is to help you engrave your system, right? I don’t need to
believe or be convinced that (e.g.) rap music is superior to jazz in order to
help someone who *does* believe that figure out how to create a rap beat in
their favourite MIDI sequencer…

> There are no "rules" as its purpose is to be completely customisable,
> regardless of language

Sounds like a worthy, if possibly quite difficult, goal.

> Anyway, since you've asked for "rules" here is a general information and some
> related to this endeavour devices I have designed:
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/14GD6sQD7B3WYdM8AYPpu14I7VHvfo_K7/view?usp=sharing

Briefly glancing at that, it seems like it should be relatively easy for
Someone™ to make Lilypond do what you want, *if* said Someone™ is a good Scheme
coder. I currently have neither the time nor the skills to help you — but I
hope you find Someone™ to help you!

Best wishes,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer (he/him/his)