Re: How can I align text to notes with bars?

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: How can I align text to notes with bars?
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2020 12:07:35 -0700

On 2020-10-27 11:20 am, Markus Grunwald wrote:
I'm confused (again...). I would expect that in the followig
snippet, each note gets one syllable:

\version "2.20.0"
<<
 \relative c' {
   \autoBeamOff
   r8 f f[ b] b[ c c d] |
 }
 \addlyrics {
   Der letz-te Sum-mer war sehr |
 }

But instead, I get what you can see in the attachment...
What am I doing wrong?

Two things.

1) Manual beams will indicate melismata, causing one LyricText to cover multiple notes. This default behavior can be disabled.

2) LilyPond uses a double hyphen "--" to indicate a centered LyricHyphen between two LyricTexts. Saying "letz-te" counts as a single LyricText.

%%%%
\version "2.20.0"

\relative c' {
  \autoBeamOff