Re: Feature request: Alternative G clef

From: Martín Rincón Botero
Subject: Re: Feature request: Alternative G clef
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2020 12:41:19 +0200

Thank you Simon for your answer. As much as I applaud the efforts for making Lilypond work with other fonts, I find it a pity that more glyphs can’t be included in the core. It’s not rare to find alternative or “extra” glyphs in other fonts either (Maestro, Opus, etc.), so this wouldn’t be the first time that happens, nor I can’t see how doing so would discourage inclusion or creation of other fonts. The same can be said for all the other glyphs (in the percussion section f. ex.) that Emmentaler doesn’t have. Perhaps extending the Emmentaler font can’t be a priority right now, which is totally understandable, but I would still leave this request open for future consideration.

Best regards,
Martín.

www.martinrinconbotero.com