Re: LilyPond MIDI and sustain pedal

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: LilyPond MIDI and sustain pedal
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2020 15:14:19 +1100

Hi All,

It transpires that I have been using FL Studio 20, and I am a new user
of that amazing DAW. FL Studio is immensely sophisticated and the
technique is that you import the MIDI CC and automation data to the
channel in question (e.g. 64) with the event editor, a separate
operation. That's why I was not seeing it in the plain MIDI file
import. Having learned that, it's really great! I note that Presonus
Studio One Five imports the sustain along with the rest of the MIDI
data, but I only found that out afterwards.

Thanks all for your always amazing help. I have been using LilyPond
daily in my engraving work for years and I still feel like a raw
beginner.

Andrew