Re: Vertical spacing inside the music

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Vertical spacing inside the music
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2020 00:10:47 +0200

Am Di., 20. Okt. 2020 um 14:06 Uhr schrieb Павел <budanov.pavel@gmail.com>:

> Hello. I'm looking for the "right" way to control vertical spacing
> within music. The example below doesn't work. Now I know only explicit
> vertical spacing via NonMusicalPaperColumn, and dirty hacks like a very
> low invisible note.
>
> <<
>      \new Staff {
>          c' c' c' c'
>          \override
> Score.VerticalAxisGroup.staff-staff-spacing.basic-distance = #20
>          c' c' c' c'
>      }
>      \new Staff { c' c' c' c' c' c' c' c' }
>  >>

What's wrong with NonMusicalPaperColumn?
You may use it for one-time changes together with overriding
VerticalAxisGroup in \layout for general settings as Jean
demonstrated.

\layout {
   \context {
     \Staff
     \override VerticalAxisGroup.staff-staff-spacing.basic-distance = #20

<<
  \new Staff {
    \repeat unfold 4 c'4
    \break
    \overrideProperty Score.NonMusicalPaperColumn.line-break-system-details
      #'((alignment-distances . (40)))
    \repeat unfold 4 c'4
    \break
    \repeat unfold 4 c'4