Help with HEJI fonts

From: Dave Seidel
Subject: Help with HEJI fonts
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 15:34:48 -0400

Hello,

I am trying to HEJI microtonal notation with Lilypond, using the OTF fonts downloaded from plainsound.org, and the microlily package (originally by Graham Breed and now being worked on by Konstantin Steuer). The specific problem I'm having is that Lilypond does not seem to load or use these fonts.

Here's the code I'm currently using to test this, not getting into the microlily code at all

\markup { saldkfjh }
\paper{ myStaffSize = #20 #(define fonts (make-pango-font-tree "HEJI" "HEJI" "HEJI" (/ myStaffSize 20))) }

which should print some glyphs from the font, but only prints the normal letters.

I have tried this on both Windows 10 and Linux, with the fonts installed as system fonts on both systems. I have also tried installing TTF versions of the fonts, but with the same negative results.

Is there something else I need to do with these fonts so that Lilypond will load them, such as copying them to some specific disk location?

Proviso: I am a Lilypond and Scheme newbie (though no newbie to either music or programming).

Thanks,
Dave