font construction

From: Shane Brandes
Subject: font construction
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 13:13:27 -0400

Hi all,

Is there any documentation floating around on how fonts for LilyPond are actually built? I know Abraham Lee has successfully made some new ones, but is he the only guy now that knows the process? I tried fiddling with working on one, but that was just by opening an extant font and replacing glyphs. Somehow I think that approach might lead to unexpected consequences or is it as simple as that?

regards,
Shane Brandes