Cut Common Time signature

From: Ritchie Fraser
Subject: Cut Common Time signature
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 17:26:07 +0100

Hello all,

I am trying the engrave a Cut Common time signature (Capital C with a vertical line through it) and the beginning of the stave and can't find out how to achieve this.

I have scoured the lilypond docs online but can't find any examples or the syntax to use.

"Cut Common" appears in the glossary (alla breve) but does not seem to be in the syntax guide:-(

Is this time signature just a brass band thing?

Any help will be most welcome.

Kind regards

Ritchie