Re: Tremolo in MIDI

From: Hans Åberg
Subject: Re: Tremolo in MIDI
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2020 15:03:34 +0200

> On 7 Oct 2020, at 09:54, Andrew Bernard <andrew.bernard@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> According to the supported notation for MIDI in the NR, using \repeat
> tremolo instead of :n works. Yet this MWE produces no tremolo in the
> MIDI (as far as I can hear). What do I need to add to make it work?

This is the method I found useful for ornaments, which allows for using tags
inside the code, with the additional benefit that one can also engrave the
expanded ornaments. Since the musical context decides how to realize ornaments,
it seems best to write them out. Also for tremolos, one may put on more flags
than is possible to actually perform, indicating as fast as possible.

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2020-02/msg00228.html