Tremolo in MIDI

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Tremolo in MIDI
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2020 18:54:25 +1100

I am new to MIDI output, so pardon me if a stupid question, but a
search of the user archives did not reveal anything.

According to the supported notation for MIDI in the NR, using \repeat
tremolo instead of :n works. Yet this MWE produces no tremolo in the
MIDI (as far as I can hear). What do I need to add to make it work? It
would be a pity if this can't be made to work because the very piece I
am setting is the usual New Complexity type of work for a woodwind
instrument and it just so happens that about 15% of the piece is
tremolo, so it would tedious to emulate tremolo by hand.

Andrew

%=====

\version "2.21.6"

music = {