Re: Notation on page 2 of same score

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: Notation on page 2 of same score
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2020 23:43:56 -0500

On Fri 02 Oct 2020 at 21:02:37 (+0200), Lukas-Fabian Moser wrote:

> > but there must be an easy way to simply incorporate that
> > command within the lilypond file.
> I do not have enough time right now to try and understand what you
> mean by that, sorry.

ditto.

> Hence, the easiest solution would be to assign the lyrics to the
> soprano voice. If you're not fine with that, one might resort to
> tricks involving invisible noteheads etc. But for the moment, I went
> with assigning the lyrics to the soprano line.

Alternatively, you can use   \set associatedVoice   to switch voices, or
yet again, a NullVoice, which is somewhat similar to the suggestion below.
These have the advantage of not affecting any MIDI you might require.

> I also cleaned up your file a little for you. Do try and compare your
> and my version thoroughly, chances are that you can understand much
> about Lilypond when doing so.
>
> Yours is a bit of a hodgepodge of templates in various code styles for
> very old Lilypond versions. Today, we can do things a little bit
> easier.

If you have no reason to stick with 2.18.2, you can \addlyrics to
the staff, ie both voices. I've commandeered the revised version
to illustrate. The words needed some syllables added, as there has
to be a one for each and every moment (a note in either part).
Otherwise, just the upper part of the ChoirStaff needed modification.

Thanks, Lukas-Fabian, for the work you put in.

Cheers,
David.