Re: Request for East Asian emphasis points

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Request for East Asian emphasis points
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2020 15:58:59 +1000

Yes, but I can exactly see that one of the few places Japanese/Chinese
emphasis dots may be used is in lyrics, which I guess is the OP's
intent.

I was going to make the same point however, that lilypond is not
really the right tool to be attempting complex and extensive CJK
typesetting. Not in any way to downplay the OP;s intent, in the
extensive printed material I deal with from Hong Kong I can't even
recall ever having seen an emphasis dot. Hong Kong uses traditional
characters and to a large extent adheres to traditional typesetting,
and emphasis dots are a new fangled 20c invention. This could account
for the rarity. I cannot speak for current Japanese typesetting.

Andrew