Re: Questions about HorizontalBracket

From: Francesco Napoleoni
Subject: Re: Questions about HorizontalBracket
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 14:38:13 +0200

In data martedì 15 settembre 2020 12:58:19 CEST, Lukas-Fabian Moser ha
scritto:
> Hi Francesco,
>
> > Thank you very much, Lukas! :-) Your answer goes far beyond my
> > expectations: using slurs is a very good point.
> > [...]
> > Anyway, let’s see if I understand the big picture of your code:
> > 1. you define some pure Scheme functions that deal about creating the
> > basic
> > “shapes” (actually the vectors that will be used by the “path” command);
> > 2. then you define the commands that tweak the stencil of a Slur grob;
> > 3. and, like a “tweak” command, you call it just before the parentheses,
> > letting the magic happen, right?
>
> Yes, that basically is the picture. I created a second version that not
> only should have a clearer structure (because now the creation of the
> shapes is factored out into two custom-made markup functions) but is
> also heavily commented.
>
> I have a plan to create some examples of "LilyPond programming with
> annotations" (for the dual purpose of enlightening myself and helping
> others on their path), so feel free to comment and ask questions.

That would be great. Indeed for me it’s not as hard to learn the Guile
language as to understand the internal structures of Lilypond and their
relation with the language. So, a collection of commented examples could be
very helpful.

> > By the way, the code does not compile with my old 2.19.83 version
> [...]
> My bad: I hadn't realized that the invaluable \=... mechanism [...] wasn't
> contained in 2.19.83. Sorry.

No problem: as a matter of fact it’s definitely time for me to upgrade my
software to a more recent version. ;-)

cheers
Francesco Napoleoni