Questions about HorizontalBracket

From: Francesco Napoleoni
Subject: Questions about HorizontalBracket
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2020 17:46:03 +0200

Hi everyone

I’m trying to use HorizontalBracket to annotate the intervals between notes of
a scale.

The example (perhaps not minimal, but almost working) attached shows something
very close to what I want to achieve.

However there are a few things that need to be fixed, or improved:
1) the brackets remain outside the staff no matter how I fiddle with staff-
padding and padding properties, while I would like them to stay closer to the
notes;
2) I cannot find an (obvious and) automatic way to have the ends of a bracket
to align with the center of the note heads. I found a manual workaround by
setting the shorten-pair property, which is a far from being an optimal
solution;
3) is there a way to create a V-shaped bracket? The hack I came up with is
ugly;
4) to have brackets both above and below the notes I have used two voices, one
with the notes hidden. Is there a faster/less verbose way to obtain the same
result?

Besides these, it would be nice (but not essential) to have these bracket to
also follow the slope of an interval.

The summary of my needs can be found in the attached image.

Can anyone shed some light, please?

Thanks
Francesco Napoleoni