Re: Making a click track on midi output

From: Timothy Lanfear
Subject: Re: Making a click track on midi output
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2020 19:20:02 +0100

On 13/09/2020 18:26, John Burt wrote:
I'm making a score for a virtual choir. In addition to the pdf of the score, I'd like to send along a midi file which includes a "click track" to guide the singers. I know how to make the midi file. But I don't know how to include a click track. Can anyone help me with this?
John

I use percussion sounds for this purpose, e.g.

\version "2.20.0"

\score {
  \new DrumStaff \drummode {
    \time 4/4
    wbl4 cl cl cl \repeat unfold 5 { wbh4 cl cl cl }
  }
  \midi{ \tempo 4=120 }
}

I put a wbh4 sound to indicate the beginning of a bar, and wbl4 sound at a rehearsal mark.

--
Timothy Lanfear, Bristol, UK.