Re: Making a click track on midi output

From: Guy Stalnaker
Subject: Re: Making a click track on midi output
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2020 12:41:02 -0500

John,

Add to the beginning of the work three measures: two with quarter note (or appropriate values) beats, then one empty (for ease of later editing).

Frankly, in my opinion, it's better for the singers to SEE that there are two measures with the metronomic pulse before they begin singing (much the same for a 4-bar introduction). Even better, make the pulse pitched in the key of the piece, so they'll hear both the pulse and the key before they start.

Regards.

--

“Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence.”

― Aristotle