Re: Fingerings within voiced chord throw an error (Lilypond 2.20.0)

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Fingerings within voiced chord throw an error (Lilypond 2.20.0)
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2020 15:01:59 +0000

You can follow the guidelines at
https://lilypond.org/tiny-examples.html#:~:text=A%20tiny%20example%20demonstrates%20that,to%20understand%20what%20is%20happening.

These guidelines seem to be less than helpful, but they actually reflect good
practice.  Following these guidelines has helped me many times to debug
mistakes in my LilyPond code, as well as mistakes in LaTeX code (which has much
worse error messages than LilyPond!).

Once you get used to doing this, it becomes quite easy.  And structuring your
code to make it easy to do so will help you as well.

Thanks,

Carl